2009 is another bumper crop year for health scandals, an unfortunate trend that shows no signs of improvement. To the contrary, consumers should do everything in their power to stay healthy as the Big Pharma-sponsored medical profession continues to induce millions of serious injuries and hundreds of thousands of deaths per year.Read More...
2009 was a busy year as gene-related exploration tools opened up a treasure trove of new discoveries. Weâ€™ve learned why some of the obvious good health habits, like getting enough sleep and exercise are more important than ever, and weâ€™ve learned new things about health that were barely imagined even a year ago. Many of the following stories are feature length articles that are sure to broaden your understanding of natural health and as well as illustrating the extreme importance of taking really good care of yourself.Read More...
This year saw an exciting expansion of scientific knowledge in support of the field of nutrition and dietary supplements to benefit human health. The more scientists learn about genes the more they realize that it is nutrients that make all the difference in terms of being healthy. This should not come as a surprise to anyone, since our bodies evolved in the context of using nutrients to aid survival. In the following sections I rank the top 10 nutrients of the year (donâ€™t leave home without them).Read More...
A Swedish study evaluating the fitness and IQ of 1.2 million 18 year olds found that those who had better aerobic fitness between the ages of 15-18 had significantly higher IQ at age 18 â€“ and were more likely to go on to be successful in terms of education and income. The study also evaluated twins and showed that IQ was far more associated with fitness than genes.Read More...
I read with a smile a Nov 26 press release titled â€œWhen You Eat May Be Just as Vital to Your Health as What You Eat.â€ This is a primary message of the Leptin Diet and a point I have been making since writing Mastering Leptin in 2002. It is nice to see a never-ending stream of science supporting the principles I outlined 7 years ago.Read More...
A new discovery shows that insulin may be an important regulator of body temperature, something to consider for any person that is too cold or struggling with thyroid issues.Read More...
After 60 years of worldwide use we now come to learn that the most widely used herbicide in the world is toxic to human metabolism. The herbicide, 2,4-D (2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid) is used for broadleaf weed control on crops such as cereal grains, corn, and lawn products. Over 1500 herbicide products use 2,4-D as an active ingredient. It is now implicated as a contributing factor for obesity, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome.Read More...
Your stomach may be more powerful than you think. Its appetite hormone, ghrelin, has now been found to protect the dopamine nerves in your brain, a finding that is relevant to any person at risk for Parkinsonâ€™s.Read More...
- Unclog Your Liver & Lose Abdominal Fat – Leptin Diet Weight Loss Challenge #6
- Germ Gangs Block Weight Loss – The Leptin Diet Weight Loss Challenge #5
- Higher Protein Intake Lowers Blood Pressure in Overweight Adults
- Malfunctioning Immunity Causes Weight Gain – The Leptin Diet Weight Loss Challenge #4
- Lack of Sleep Causes Overeating
- Gymnema Has Potent Weight Loss Properties
- Why Toxins and Waste Products Impede Weight Loss - The Leptin Diet Weight Loss Challenge #3
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine Helps Anti-Age Your Metabolism & Brain
- Blueberries Help Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
- How Digestive Problems Prevent Weight Loss – The Leptin Diet Weight Loss Challenge #2
- Stunning Discoveries Regarding Iron, Obesity, Candida & Thyroid
- The Leptin Diet Weight Loss Challenge #1 – Overview and Basic Needs
- Significant Weight Loss from Green Coffee Beans
- Scientists Tout Banaba for Blood Sugar and Metabolic Health
- Silymarin Helps Type 2 Diabetic Patients
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- August 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007