Curcumin is the yellow pigment derived from the spice tumeric. Fine quality dietary supplements standardize curcumin for the amount of curcuminoids, the primary biologically active ingredient. It is widely researched as an anti-inflammatory nutrient with cancer-risk reduction properties. A number of new studies demonstrate how curcumin can reduce the inflammation associated with obesity and in so doing simultaneously improve joint health.Read More...
Over the years I have written extensively on the value of fine quality whey protein isolates. A new 12-week study with obese adults, average age 48, showed that whey protein could significantly improve their metabolic profile on such key issues as lowering triglycerides, lowering cholesterol, and improving blood sugar metabolism (less insulin resistance).Read More...
Obesity is a significant risk for developing colon cancer. A new animal study shows that quercetin was able to offset leptin resistance while at the same time preventing changes in the colon that lead to cancer.Read More...
A new Norwegian study tracking individuals and their health habits and health problems for many years has determined that inactivity and weight gain are major risk factors for developing future fibromyalgia.Read More...
It is ironic that food, which is so vital to survival, when consumed in excess is literally poison to your metabolism. Excess consumption of fat and carbohydrates rapidly leads to cardiovascular malfunction, liver malfunction, and numerous metabolic changes associated with easy weight gain and disease risk. A new animal study shows that the powerful antioxidant in olive leaf extract known as oleuropein is protective against the onset of many of these health issues.Read More...
- Lipoic Acid and ALC Rejuvenate Muscle and Liver Energy Production
- R-Alpha Lipoic Acid Corrects Insulin Signaling
- Are Food Cravings and Excess Food Consumption a Sign of Brain Damage?
- Grape Seed Extract Boosts Muscle Energy & Calorie Burning
- Soluble Fiber Lowers Accumulation of Dangerous Belly Fat
- Diet Soda Proves Fattening When Put to the Test
- Dawn of the New Leptin Era
- Is Gut Bacteria More Important than Calories When it Comes to Body Weight?
- Is a Starvation Diet the Remedy for the Diabetes Epidemic?
- USDA Proves Whey Protein Helps Weight Loss
- Fat Substitute Olestra Promotes Weight Gain
- Forget About Liposuction for Weight Loss
- High Protein Breakfast Dampens Hunger Drive Later in the Day
- Get Rid of Your Cravings to Help Make Healthier Fat
- Snacking Associated With Increased Rates of Injury, Stress & Cognitive Malfunction
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- August 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007