A new independent report, F as in Fat: How Obesity Threatens Americaâ€™s Future 2010, makes it plain that America is in the midst of a rapidly expanding obesity epidemic. Obesity rates rose in 28 states in the past year. 38 states now have obesity rates above 25% and 8 states have rates above 30%. If health care costs are to be spread amongst all Americans then this is everyoneâ€™s problem.Read More...
The health of your white adipose tissue determines your metabolic and cardiovascular risk. Many nutrients are showing that they can favorably influence the fitness of your fat and a new study shows that resveratrol is one of them.Read More...
Dietary intake of DHA omega 3 essential fatty acids is woefully lacking all around the world. In populations that have adequate access to other foods this correlates strongly with the world-wide obesity epidemic. A new study reviews the multiple mechanisms by which omega 3 fatty acids, especially DHA, can combat the obesity epidemic.Read More...
Special types of citrus-derived flavonoids, known as polymethoxyflavones, especially nobiletin and tangeretin, are inversely associated with cardiovascular disease. Previous studies have shown them to be effective in lowering cholesterol in humans as well as helping to prevent the accumulation of LDL cholesterol in the lining of arteries. Even relatively small amounts of them can activate gene signals that help to correctly metabolize cholesterol. A new study shows that nobiletin can boost adiponectin levels and reduce inflammation within white adipose tissue, thereby significantly improving insulin resistance and lowering high blood sugar. Additionally, a significant body of research has been accumulating in the past few years showing that polymethoxflavones are powerful nutrients in cancer prevention.Read More...
Almost 1/3 of pregnant American women are obese. A new study shows that obesity during pregnancy significantly increases the risk for a variety of heart defects, causing poor health in their children.Read More...
A new study of British families shows that obese parents are far more likely to have obese children than normal-weight parents, especially if mom is obese. Another study shows that a comprehensive multiple vitamin taken during pregnancy can assist growth hormone and leptin status in the newly born child, key factors for optimal childhood development and obesity risk.Read More...
- Lipoic Acid and ALC Rejuvenate Muscle and Liver Energy Production
- R-Alpha Lipoic Acid Corrects Insulin Signaling
- Are Food Cravings and Excess Food Consumption a Sign of Brain Damage?
- Grape Seed Extract Boosts Muscle Energy & Calorie Burning
- Soluble Fiber Lowers Accumulation of Dangerous Belly Fat
- Diet Soda Proves Fattening When Put to the Test
- Dawn of the New Leptin Era
- Is Gut Bacteria More Important than Calories When it Comes to Body Weight?
- Is a Starvation Diet the Remedy for the Diabetes Epidemic?
- USDA Proves Whey Protein Helps Weight Loss
- Fat Substitute Olestra Promotes Weight Gain
- Forget About Liposuction for Weight Loss
- High Protein Breakfast Dampens Hunger Drive Later in the Day
- Get Rid of Your Cravings to Help Make Healthier Fat
- Snacking Associated With Increased Rates of Injury, Stress & Cognitive Malfunction
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- August 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007