Cinnulin PF, a water-soluble extract of cinnamon, has been show to improve the antioxidant status and lowered the fasting glucose levels of obese prediabetic individuals. Researchers at the U.S. Department of Agriculture continue to document the power of nutrition to help improve health problems faced by millions.Read More...
For the first time a clinical trial has proven that drinking 2 cups of water (16 ounces) before each meal resulted in an additional 5 pounds of weight loss over a 12 week period. Both the water drinking group and the non-water drinking group were on a low calorie diet in order to lose weight. The researchers suggested that water before meals helps a person feel fuller so they eat less food.Read More...
Sirtuin1 is a longevity gene that is activated during times of food scarcity. It enables metabolism and your brain to maintain a higher-level state of function. The activation of this gene by eating less food is central to the anti-aging theory of calorie restriction. The sirtuin1 gene is also activated by the nutrient resveratrol. A novel animal study is proving new insights on how this gene works.Read More...
In a rather sobering study scientists have demonstrated that a high-fat diet has the potential to drastically alter the architecture of the brain, resulting in poor circulation within the brain, down-regulated metabolism, and outright brain damage in areas of the brain central to appetite regulation. The implications of the study are that once a person starts eating too much and continues to do so for a period of time they are inducing actual brain damage that will be difficult to reverse - in turn locking in a poor state of metabolic health.Read More...
A new study indicates that one major factor causing todayâ€™s obesity epidemic is the garbage fat diet of Americans for the past century. The Western diet is almost void of omega 3 essential fatty acids. Instead, high levels of omega 6 oils, such as corn oil and soy oil, have found their way into the food supply. Scientists show that four generations of this high omega 6 oil/low omega 3 oil is adequate to change gene signaling in a way that creates offspring that are prone to obesity.Read More...
- Lipoic Acid and ALC Rejuvenate Muscle and Liver Energy Production
- R-Alpha Lipoic Acid Corrects Insulin Signaling
- Are Food Cravings and Excess Food Consumption a Sign of Brain Damage?
- Grape Seed Extract Boosts Muscle Energy & Calorie Burning
- Soluble Fiber Lowers Accumulation of Dangerous Belly Fat
- Diet Soda Proves Fattening When Put to the Test
- Dawn of the New Leptin Era
- Is Gut Bacteria More Important than Calories When it Comes to Body Weight?
- Is a Starvation Diet the Remedy for the Diabetes Epidemic?
- USDA Proves Whey Protein Helps Weight Loss
- Fat Substitute Olestra Promotes Weight Gain
- Forget About Liposuction for Weight Loss
- High Protein Breakfast Dampens Hunger Drive Later in the Day
- Get Rid of Your Cravings to Help Make Healthier Fat
- Snacking Associated With Increased Rates of Injury, Stress & Cognitive Malfunction
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- August 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007