Magnesium deficiency is pervasive in America. And so is type 2 diabetes. I recently reported on this in an article titled Magnesium Intake Linked to Diabetes Risk. Several more studies add further emphasis to the importance of magnesium in maintaining proper blood sugar health.Read More...
If you want to live to be over 100 and be healthy then it is worth knowing that common findings are good bone health and no insulin resistance. On the other hand, a new study of men over the age of 70 links their risk of fracture to having the metabolic syndrome (insulin resistance and an expanded waistline.)Read More...
There is nothing quite like an autopsy to help prove a point. Japanese researchers have provided clear evidence that the common problem of insulin resistance leads to increased levels of plaque brain tangles in Alzheimer’s patients.Read More...
One new study says overweight people are significantly less productive. Another study says that sedentary jobs are making people fat. What is a company to do?Read More...
A new study shows that fetal and early life exposure to environmental toxins, oftentimes consumed by the mother as part of her diet, are adequate to induce excess fat storage in a baby. While there are numerous studies demonstrating how pollution interferes with metabolism, this study enables me to explain a slightly different point: your body will form fat as a defense mechanism against being poisoned by toxins.Read More...
If you are short on sleep and are trying to lose weight it may cut your results by 55%, as demonstrated by a new study in the Annals of Internal Medicine.Read More...
Our government now reports that 1 in 5 adults have arthritis, a problem fueled by the large number of overweight and obese Americans. The cost is 128 billion dollars per year, not to mention that arthritis is also the leading cause of disability which additionally results in lost productivity.Read More...
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month. Many will be out in pink to raise money and awareness for this important health issue. Much of that funding will go towards drug-related research which continues to not make significant progress on the issue. In reality, there are many health issues that impact breast cancer risk and being overweight is at the top.Read More...
Calcium as a weight loss nutrient is hotly debated, with some studies showing benefit and others not showing benefit. A new study helps place the argument in proper perspective and clearly shows that a higher intake of calcium is supportive of weight loss efforts.Read More...
- Lipoic Acid and ALC Rejuvenate Muscle and Liver Energy Production
- R-Alpha Lipoic Acid Corrects Insulin Signaling
- Are Food Cravings and Excess Food Consumption a Sign of Brain Damage?
- Grape Seed Extract Boosts Muscle Energy & Calorie Burning
- Soluble Fiber Lowers Accumulation of Dangerous Belly Fat
- Diet Soda Proves Fattening When Put to the Test
- Dawn of the New Leptin Era
- Is Gut Bacteria More Important than Calories When it Comes to Body Weight?
- Is a Starvation Diet the Remedy for the Diabetes Epidemic?
- USDA Proves Whey Protein Helps Weight Loss
- Fat Substitute Olestra Promotes Weight Gain
- Forget About Liposuction for Weight Loss
- High Protein Breakfast Dampens Hunger Drive Later in the Day
- Get Rid of Your Cravings to Help Make Healthier Fat
- Snacking Associated With Increased Rates of Injury, Stress & Cognitive Malfunction
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- August 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007