Researchers at Purdue University prove that trying to cut back on fat calories with fake fat doesn’t work. That is because your brain is actually gauging fat intake and responding accordingly. When you fake out your brain you fake out your metabolism and end up gaining weight.
This study is the latest in a series of studies that also show no-calorie sugar substitutes cause similar problems. Americans are themselves being faked out by the marketers of food with low or no calories, thinking these non-foods will somehow help them in their battle with the bulge. In reality, it is a vicious prank on your metabolism. When you eat, your body expects calories and responds accordingly. When you don’t get them as expected you eat more later to make up for it.
The whole point of my Leptin Diet is to eat in harmony with your hormonal signals so that you actually extract more energy from less food. When you eat fake fat or no-calorie sweeteners you actually do more harm than good.
Posted by Byron J Richards at 01:52 PM.
- Lipoic Acid and ALC Rejuvenate Muscle and Liver Energy Production
- R-Alpha Lipoic Acid Corrects Insulin Signaling
- Are Food Cravings and Excess Food Consumption a Sign of Brain Damage?
- Grape Seed Extract Boosts Muscle Energy & Calorie Burning
- Soluble Fiber Lowers Accumulation of Dangerous Belly Fat
- Diet Soda Proves Fattening When Put to the Test
- Dawn of the New Leptin Era
- Is Gut Bacteria More Important than Calories When it Comes to Body Weight?
- Is a Starvation Diet the Remedy for the Diabetes Epidemic?
- USDA Proves Whey Protein Helps Weight Loss
- Fat Substitute Olestra Promotes Weight Gain
- Forget About Liposuction for Weight Loss
- High Protein Breakfast Dampens Hunger Drive Later in the Day
- Get Rid of Your Cravings to Help Make Healthier Fat
- Snacking Associated With Increased Rates of Injury, Stress & Cognitive Malfunction
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- August 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007