A new study of 800 nurses found that those who snacked had higher stress, more cognitive failures at work, and more injuries outside of work.
I have long warned against snacking because it throws hormone switches involving insulin, leptin, and glucagon into a poor state of timing which will lower blood sugar in the brain improperly. Since your brain needs a stable supply of blood sugar for optimal function, a disruption in this process is certain to impact cognitive ability which is demonstrated by this study.
You are supposed to get a snack between meals – but it is supposed to come from your liver! The moral of the story is to eat in harmony with leptin or suffer the consequences.
Posted by Byron J Richards at 04:42 PM.
- Lipoic Acid and ALC Rejuvenate Muscle and Liver Energy Production
- R-Alpha Lipoic Acid Corrects Insulin Signaling
- Are Food Cravings and Excess Food Consumption a Sign of Brain Damage?
- Grape Seed Extract Boosts Muscle Energy & Calorie Burning
- Soluble Fiber Lowers Accumulation of Dangerous Belly Fat
- Diet Soda Proves Fattening When Put to the Test
- Dawn of the New Leptin Era
- Is Gut Bacteria More Important than Calories When it Comes to Body Weight?
- Is a Starvation Diet the Remedy for the Diabetes Epidemic?
- USDA Proves Whey Protein Helps Weight Loss
- Fat Substitute Olestra Promotes Weight Gain
- Forget About Liposuction for Weight Loss
- High Protein Breakfast Dampens Hunger Drive Later in the Day
- Get Rid of Your Cravings to Help Make Healthier Fat
- Snacking Associated With Increased Rates of Injury, Stress & Cognitive Malfunction
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- August 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007